We definitely want you to qualify for and complete all the surveys that you are invited to but realistically that isn't going to happen as no-one can qualify for everything.
This article helps to consolidate information from multiple areas that relate to each status.
[ Completed ]
A survey will be recorded in history as "Completed" when the survey has qualified and completed in at least the notified time, and when the survey has been redirected back to the Octopus Group website.
To receive the survey incentive automatically upon completion make sure to follow all prompts till you've been redirected back to the Octopus Group website.
[ Screened Out ]
A survey will be recorded in history as "Did not qualify" when the survey has not qualified to continue.
This means the responses to the screening questions identified the target group as not needed for the project
Note: Our clients apply our statuses as redirections from their surveys, they may not implement the non-complete statuses consistently.
I.e. A "QA flagged" reason might be returned as "Screened Out"
[ Quota full ]
A survey will be recorded in history as "Quota full" when the target group for the survey has reached the assigned target number.
Once a survey nears completion there are likely to be many target groups that are close to or are full.
Octopus Group can be commissioned at any stage so it is possible to receive and attempt a survey immediately and still be redirected as quota full.
[ Duplicate ]
[ Paused ]
- If there is an issue with the survey that our client needs to fix it before responses can be collected correctly.
- If a particular target group has been filled, we'll pause that group. The client may open that group up again if other targets are not filled.
- If a survey has collected the total target it is after, but the client is still doing the final data validation.
- If the survey is a tracking (ongoing) study and will be opened and closed on a frequent schedule - (This means you'll have another opportunity later when it is unpaused)
- Already attempted surveyThis is covered in more detail under Duplicate, however the identification of a previous attempt could also be listed as technology flagged.
- VPN'sVPN usage can be automatically flagged as there is technology to identify this and some clients implement disqualification of VPN users.
- Out of countryAccessing a survey from outside of the country listed in the account may also be disqualified.
[ Started ]